Translate

Monday 31 March 2014

Make it Monday

Lettuce

People often state I must get bored eating the same fruit and vegetables all the time. Well actually I don't. They may see a banana and think it's boring, but I see a banana and my imagination runs wild imagining things like smoothies, ice cream, yogurt etc. 

So today I am going to show you what I do with lettuce. I find greens the dullest veg to eat, but it doesn't mean I am bored of eating it :) it's packed with so much goodness that it's essential for it to be on our plates at least 3 times a week.

Keeping it simple

Just chop it up and toss with your usual salad ingredients.

Shred it

This is how I've made it tonight. I have some great kitchen tools and this was the first time I actually used the food processor for it's great chopping ability.

Shredded using Chef Tony's food processor

Mixed in with courgette spaghetti, celery, cucumber, tomato, pepper and lemon juice
Taco style


This has to be my favourite way of eating lettuce. It's definitely a great way to let out your creative side, playing around with the sauces and toppings, and presentation on the plate.

Mini bites on little gem lettuce

Each bite is just so satisfying, this is romaine lettuce
Smoothie

Lettuce goes great with banana smoothies. I have never tried it with anything else and probably never will unless it is highly recommended.



Alone

There is no rule for having to eat lettuce with other vegetables or fruit, so if you just want it as it is then go for it! 

I only have one warning for lettuce...check your teeth after you've finished because there's always a stray piece that has managed to get wedged between two of them!

Enjoy eating your salad!


Jennifer x

YouTube  






No comments:

Post a Comment