Translate

Saturday 22 March 2014

Shoptastic Saturday

What I bought this week and how much it cost


My purchases today were:

Fruit
Oranges - 70 fruit - £8 
Lemons - 35 fruit - £3.50
Sharon fruit - 2 x 28 fruit - £5
Free bananas - it helps to chat with the other customers, if they like you enough they might give you some of their left overs ;)

Veg
Courgette - 5kg - £4.50
Cucumber - 12 - £3
Little gem lettuce - 9 packs (18 heads) - £4
Tomatoes - 6kg - £3.50
Red peppers - 10kg - £8 (I am splitting this with Steven)
- 5kg - £4
Celery - 14 stalks - £5.60

Total spend = £41.10


Top to bottom:
Cucumber, Courgette, tomatoes, red pepper, celery, little gem lettuce, lemons, oranges, Sharon fruit and bananas

There were no organic bananas, so I will have to either go back on Monday before work (at 5am!!) or go next Saturday. I have enough dates and Sharon fruit to survive, but having bananas as a staple is the easiest and most convenient because I am rather OCD about washing fruit and that is quite time consuming.

I plan on eating the oranges whole and also juicing them with a basic hand juicer, as the machine is a pain to clean and prepping the oranges is also nail breaking!


Once again, there are no excuses for not eating fully raw in the UK. The only problem we may have is buying all organic produce. What I have bought today will last me over 2 weeks and now spring and summer are just around the corner you should definitely start growing some vegetables!

Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment