Translate

Saturday 29 March 2014

Shoptastic Saturday

Today I went to New Smithfield Market in Manchester. You wouldn't believe how expensive they were selling bananas for!

My purchases today were:

Fruit
Bananas - 2 repacked boxes around 18kg each - £16 
Barari Kimia Dates - 12 x 600g boxes - £5 




Total spend = £21.00

The bananas are still in my car. They were the cheapest going by far. The boxes are repackaged, I have no idea why. I bought two organic boxes, but due to the fact they're being sold as repackaged I have no idea if they actually are. This was the best I could do, the other sellers were quoting £14-£18 for a box. I'd never pay that! If that's your best offer I suggest going to Aldi.

If you're going to Manchester market you should check out Barton & Redman Ltd they are in block C unit 6/7.

The dates were bought from one of the Asian stalls in block B. There are few in that block so you cannot miss it. I'm splitting this box with Steven and we're going back tomorrow for the public car boot sale. There are 2 fruit stalls on Sunday and they sell another variety of dates for £5 too. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment