Translate

Thursday 13 March 2014

Think Thursday

Junk

Do you have junk?? 

I have accumulated so much junk over the years that it used to depress me so that is why, when I decided to save up for travelling, I wanted to get rid of it all!

It's amazing how much people hoard, especially when it is stuff we haven't used for years. For example, as a typical woman I had so many shoes. I'd buy them because they were pretty and may have only worn them once, but I would keep them just in case the opportunity to wear them would arise. After 7 years I think it's fair to say if it didn't happen in those years then it probably wouldn't happen in the future.

I have managed to compact 3 boxes of dvds and cds into a reasonably sized disc wallet. Much better as they are easily accessible (they were living under my bed in both my mum and dad's houses)!

I have donated books to charity, toiletries to the women's refuge and my dad is going take my clothes to one of those Cash for Clothes weigh in centres.

All is good. I still have a fair few bits and pieces to sort out, like random bits of papers (it's amazing how much random paper you can find all over the place), more books to donate/sell, memory boxes to sift through and even more shoes and clothes to get rid of. 

I want to live a minimal life and I've found that working in stages to get rid of things is better than just dumping it all.

Are there things that you could get rid of from your life? Have you been hoarding things in your loft, under the bed or in a cupboard? I'm sure you'd feel better having a clear out.

Think about it. Spring is here so get cleaning!!

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment