Translate

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Try it Tuesday

Oil Pulling


What is it?
An ancient practice that strengthens and whitens the teeth and nourishes the gums.

What are the benefits?
It removes toxins from the body and can increase the metabolism and the rate at which fat is burned.

How do I do it?
I use 1 teaspoon of raw organic coconut oil and swish it around my mouth for 20 minutes. It is good to incorporate it into your morning routine. So I usually have a drink of water, go to the bathroom, put the oil in my mouth and get in the shower.

After 20 minutes you should spit it out. Do not swallow! Then rinse out with distilled or mineral water (if you don't have a distiller) and brush your teeth with sodium bicarb. Do not rinse with tap water and do not clean your mouth out with tap water after brushing. Also, once you rinse your toothbrush with tap water do not put it back in your mouth.

Tap water contains disgusting chemicals and the whole point of oil pulling is to get rid of toxins, so do not use tap water!!!

This is what is left after distilling tap water!!

When should I do it?
You need to do it first thing in the morning before you eat anything. My suggestion is to drink some water first and then swish the oil.

Why should I do it?
If you want healthier teeth and gums and overall better oral hygiene then I recommend oil pulling. 

There are many websites out there with more information and a lot of videos too if you need more convincing.


Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment