Translate

Friday 7 March 2014

Favourite Friday

Actress

Toni Collette


So versatile, believable and amazing to watch. Toni got my attention when I was a young girl after I watched Muriel's Wedding. The film is a classic and I don't think I will ever forget it!



I didn't come to find her again until About a Boy was released (although I did see her in The Sixth Sense, but it was more about the little boy!) and I fell in love with that film so I watched it over and over again! 

Another favourite of mine is In Her Shoes, which also stars Cameron Diaz. I can't help but love the characters she plays.

Toni sort of disappeared from my life for a while and then I discovered she had her own TV series called The United States of Tara, where she played a mother with dissociative personality disorder. AMAZING!!! This TV show had me hooked and I was so disappointed when it got cancelled. I believe this series showcased ALL of her talents and it really put her back on the map.



Recently Toni has been in a mini series that is currently on Channel 4 here in the UK called Hostages and by 'eck it is a fantastic program filled with suspense, drama and plenty of thrilling action! You must check it out if you've not seen it already.



Well after my latest addiction I went on IMDB and have been doing my best to get through all of the films she has starred in. All are superb. I cannot fault her performances at all. For me, she is my favourite actress.

Jennifer x


No comments:

Post a Comment