Translate

Sunday 30 March 2014

Soulful Sunday

Monday

This was my third day at work, but my first one going solo. It went well. Monday is payroll day and I have a deadline at 10am. I work 8am-4pm, which is great as I like early starts and early finishes! I was happy with my first solo day. No stress, no madness, just beaming smiles!

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

These days are a blur to me. I was incredibly tired and my body over worked from the weekend, so I spent most of my free time asleep! I started to eat 1900 calories instead of aiming for 2500 to see if that made a difference in my weight loss. It turns out it made staying awake a challenge! So I am back up to eating as much as I care for to keep me going. I think 1900 would have been fine for when I was jobless, but starting work again took its toll on my body.

Friday

I love Friday. I really like my new job so I don't mind going to work anymore, but it is great when 4pm strikes and I get to leave. My car was packed with my weekend supplies and I was off to Manchester to stay with Steven. When I arrived there was a hot bath and dinner waiting for me! Such a sweetie. Dinner was delicious, it's flavour and appearance resembled a chinese dish. My taste buds were pleased.

Saturday

Morning bliss! Waking up to cuddles and amazing smooches is always the best way to start any day! Steven and I went to New Smithfield Market and I got bananas, Steven got tomatoes and we shared dates. Then we went into Ashton for a wander, as I'd never been before. I said I probably won't be going back either... There wasn't a lot to tempt me back! 

Sunday

We lost an hour today but I was still surprised when I checked the time before getting out of bed. It was almost 10am! Time seems to fly by on the weekend. Steven and I went back to New Smithfield Market, this time we were on a mission to get a specific box of dates.



We got them for £5 a box (with 12 packages inside). There are 2 stalls at the Sunday market that sell them. One is in Block B right at the end, unit 38 and the other stall is on the outside of block B, around unit 20 but I am not 100% sure. These dates have a slight marzipan taste and they are crunchy because the sugar has crystallized in most of them. I will definitely not be buying medjool dates again as they are much more expensive and also very sticky and sweet. I still have about 2.5kg in my fridge anyway.

Aims for this week are to knuckle down and get the last 2 TEFL projects out of the way and then I have to spend the next 2 months revising for the test.

Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment