Translate

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Try it Tuesday

Breathe

That might sound crazy, but recently I have been more aware of myself and how I react to life. I am actually more conscious of how overwhelmed my thoughts make me, so I've started to stop and breathe for a few seconds.

My mind is always on go, if I'm doing one thing I am thinking about the next. Sometimes I think about my travels and wonder where to start (actually I started by renewing my passport so at least that's out of the way!) and then I drown myself in a list of mental tasks and become overwhelmed.

I have managed to conquer this by acknowledging what is happening (the flood of thoughts), I stop whatever I am doing (stood up or sat down with my body still), mentally tell myself that I am overwhelmed and that I need to relax, and then I take in a few deep breaths. I take note of my surroundings and try to feel everything in that moment (by feeling I mean sense wise: smells, hearing, touch, etc)

It's amazing how quickly I relax by doing this. 

Most people, particularly those who are stressed, need to stop and breathe. The world is so fast paced and business orientated that our health is often over looked. Simple techniques like this could really help in those situations.

So when you feel like your head will explode, stop and breathe!

Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment