Translate

Thursday 3 April 2014

Think Thursday

Should we eat for pleasure of for fuel?

My background is fast food and dining out. I was a sucker for it because I enjoyed the taste in my mouth, even when it was greasy and dripping off my lips... I do not think there has ever been a time where I've had a high fat, oily and calorific meal in a restaurant or fast food chain and felt good after it (I'm talking after 30 minutes+). 

In fact, I suffered from IBS a lot and I'd be shitting my meal out as soon as it had gone in...sometimes I'd be on the toilet during my meal but I didn't want to change my diet because it tasted good to me, and even when it made me feel so ill, I still ate it until I was either full to the point of vomiting or having abdominal pain from bloating.

I have ALWAYS over indulged in food. I used to say to people all the time that inside me is an obese girl waiting to come out, I must have a good metabolism to still be a UK size 10 though, considering all of the shit I've eaten in the past. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fat on my belly, thighs, arms, chin, breasts, arse, but I am still reasonably slim!

Prepare yourself for my terrible food choices (and for a giggle at past me)... 

  
It may be a vegetable, but when it's dripping in butter it's only place is in the bin!


The best korma I ever had in my life, but the only thing it was good for was easing my constipation hahaha
Wherever there were donuts there was me...

Oh curly fries, I thought you loved me...but you didn't. I should have asked for more green stuff

This was my signature move, ketchup and mayo mixed together to dip the burger and fries into...shame on me, I didn't know any better!

I ate for pleasure. I never even considered that we should eat for fuel. I believe that many people can relate to my ignorance and even agree that they thought the same. Education is so important and we are not being educated well enough as far as food is concerned. Children are taught about farm animals, but when do they stop thinking animals are cute and start thinking they should be eaten?

Why is it so acceptable to eat burgers and fries that are so processed that they can be left for years with little change in appearance? Why do people think that this source of food is acceptable for the body to keep it running, keep the blood pumping, heart beating, brain functioning?

Should we enjoy what we eat, or should we eat for optimal body functioning?

Let me know your thoughts.

Jennifer x

YouTube  

No comments:

Post a Comment