Translate

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Wishful Wednesday (and what I ate)

Welcome to Wishful Wednesday.

Happy Consumerism Day!! 

Today has become just another day in my book, although I do love a day off work for no reason!

I had a fabulous start to they day, did my mile run/jog/walk and played in the park!! The council must have repaired the swing recently, it's one of those that are round with thick rope intertwined and you can lie on it...so that is what I did. I put my head back and listened to they sound of the birds. It was just so peaceful.

I prepared my meal a few hours beforehand and made some pomegranate juice. My day has been 100% raw vegan, high carb and low fat.

Chef Jen

Sharon fruit, cinnamon and mango soup

Banana, date and cinnamon cake

Pomegranate juice

The table...I would love it if my mum would one day embrace my lifestyle...

The mango probably was not the best idea, but I still devoured it

Now this was amazing and I could live off it!!

Feeling good after this meal, no sluggish feeling, totally satiated. I love cinnamon because it gives everything a festive taste!

When I felt peckish I chomped on a cherimoya and then I prepared a butternut squash curry with 3 types of rice.

Parsnip, purple carrot and normal carrot rice topped with curry

That was so flavourful! 

A very low fat day for me!!

High in vitamins and minerals though ;)

Here's a selfie of me in my new jumper


Overall, I have had a really good day, although at one point I thought I would be alone all day...luckily it didn't happen and I spent a few hours with my mum.

So, what do I wish for today?

I wish that we stop treating 25th December as a day to over indulge with food and drink, create personal debt and be greedy. 

If you want to live a healthy life with a healthy body, want to be slim, athletic and feel the best you have ever felt (or any of the above) then for a belated present to yourself you should buy 80/10/10 it is the best diet plan you will ever read as it makes so much sense. Even if you are reading this and thinking you like the taste of meat, well a lot of plant based people say they did not give it up because of ethical reasons, they gave it up because it is not good for the body.

Also, if you only have pennies left in your pocket after today then you may want to consider the idea that it is the thought that counts. I personally would rather receive something hand made and personalised that did not cost a lot, as opposed to a really expensive present. When you step away and look at the bigger picture you see everything in a totally different perspective. I see so much greed, selfishness and denial. The denial is just incredible. Our society has just grown into something so scary in terms of consumerism, "less is more" is definitely seen as "less is a bore" nowadays. This is probably one of the reasons why I do not think I could ever raise a child in England.

I am going to wrap up my rant wishes by saying this, consider what you are doing to the environment. We may live in a good place right now, but what sort of environment are we leaving for the future generations?

I hope you enjoy the rest of this festive period and you stop eating and drinking before you reach your limit. 

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment