Translate

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Tasty Tuesday

Hello and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday.

I have a "blonde" confession to make. I thought I had grown rosemary in my garden, but upon buying prepacked herbs at the supermarket I have now discovered I grew thyme! So along with flat leaf parsley I thought was coriander I have decided that I am in fact a total gardening noob. Any recipe I said I used rosemary, well I actually used thyme ;) I am going to update my posts!

So, I did another 30 days raw (well except for nuts) and I didn't feel as good as the first time. I do not know whether it is down to weather, daylight (lack of), general motivation, or the quantities/quality of my food etc but I still aim to be raw. However, I did prepare some baked, boiled and steamed vegetables and there are no excuses for you not to try this, you'll be totally satisfied. No need for animal products, just a whole load of root veg!


Here is what I had

White potato and celeriac mash with nutritional yeast (thanks to Peter who suggested it)
Baked sweet potatoes (still in the oven at this point of the picture)
Boiled red potatoes
Asparagus
Sprouts (oh my goodness I had to have them, they're my favourite!)
Carrots
Parsnips
Mushrooms (fried in water)

It was so filling and it just feels clean even though it was cooked, it still has nothing on raw, but this is a better back up and full of nutrition.

I hope you all "go root yourself" and stay away from junk.

Much love

Jennifer x

2 comments:

  1. It’s looks delicious. I’ll have to give the mash a try. What kind of nutritional yeast are you using? Do you think would marmite work?
    I found I quite like mushrooms slightly browned so I tend to use a dash of oil. I think they go with with a breakfast like that too.
    I’m with you on the sprouts. I used to have a steamer and sprouts were so tasty cooked in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yeast I am using is a flaky one http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/marigold-engevita-with-b12-125g/35262/?ladid=uk You can get it without B12 too. I am not sure if marmite will work. See the nutrional yeast gives it a cheesy flavour and I have no idea what marmite tastes like.
    I avoid using oil and try to avoid anything with oil in too. It's not meant to be good as it's 100% fat!
    Mmm yes steamed sprouts are just yummy :D

    ReplyDelete