Translate

Saturday 28 December 2013

Sweaty Saturday

Welcome to Sweaty Saturday!

Last week I posted about my new foam roller and I have been using it every night to roll out my back. I admit that I have not really tried any other techniques yet, mainly due to laziness and space in my bedroom. Tomorrow I shall make an effort to do it in front of the TV downstairs.

I also posted my schedule and said I will follow it, but it was not a good trial run because I was only in work on Monday so it definitely threw me off the rest of the week. My schedule will start a proper trial run from 6th January. However, I went to the gym yesterday and spent over an hour working on my arms and shoulders routine. Tomorrow I intend to work on a chest and back routine and my leg routine is already nailed.

So, for all over body workouts I clicked this link (it's called Joe and says Men's Health, but I do not see why this is not relevant to women...) that told me what the five best exercises are. You should be able to guess without clicking the link.

1. SQUATS! 
Yes squats are good. I tell my colleagues all the time. They complain about their lard arses, I tell them "stop eating biscuits and DO YOUR SQUATS!!" hahaha they think I am mad. I even demonstrated in the office how to squat and gave them a quick way to get them in whilst on our breaks. Before doing weighted squats I do 100 without weights. Feel the burn.

2. The Plank
I do not like the plank, but I guess I like the results of it. Definitely a grower and my only advice is start easy and build up the amount of time you hold it for. I used to train with a guy who would make me hold it for 1 minute when I was just getting back into the gym...almost made me cry I hated it that much!

3. Dead Lifts
I much prefer the Romanian dead lift, I am not sure what type of dead lift they are suggesting on this site, but be careful of back and knee injury.

4. Lunges
I also hate this exercise, but that is because my balance going into them and coming out of them is on the poor side. I prefer to have one leg out and then do 20 reps going up and down and have the front food in the same position, it creates more of a burn and I don't feel like such a fool from falling over...

5. Push ups
I am still mastering these and I envisage that I will be for a while to come. Yesterday I managed 6 in a row (I go to 10 so the remaining 4 were on my knees). It really does work your shoulders, sometimes I cannot even lift anything for days! I guess that shows that I need to do more haha

My plan at the gym is to do a mini circuit before each session of squats, push ups and abs. Then I can focus on arms and shoulders, chest and back or legs.

Do you have a "strict" plan for the gym or working out? Let me know.

Enjoy the rest of your sweaty day!

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment