Translate

Thursday 19 December 2013

Think Thursday

Welcome to Think Thursday!

More than likely you have all done your Christmas shopping and perhaps this should have been a post a few weeks ago, but if you're like me you will not want to be paying for gifts that potentially add to the problem of animal cruelty.

I opted out of my work's Secret Santa because a lot of people wanted things that I did not want to purchase (it is a specific Secret Santa, e.g. write 3 things you want and then your Secret Santa must buy from that list). I did not want to end up picking someone asking for booze or chocolate so that is why I decided against it.

I think gift giving for a vegan who stands by their morals is tough if they are buying for a non vegan who is particularly fussy about brands, etc.

Nowadays I tend to give money, which I feel is just the same as not giving a present. It is not creative, does not require any thought for that person and could not be more impersonal if it tried!

I think gift giving for a vegan could be the perfect way to plant seeds.

Gifting books, DVDs, peronal hygiene products, vegan foods, fair trade products, etc could be a great way to introduce a non vegan to this way of living. To seek a more harmonious way of living that does not involve cruelty and want to live a healthier lifestyle.

I believe that if we start small and local, we can all make a big difference together.

Now, do not give in. Do not buy anything that compromises your morals.

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment