Translate

Sunday 15 December 2013

Soulful Sunday

Welcome to Soulful Sunday.

Right now I am sitting in my room in front of my PC with only a white vest on and my hair clipped up, looking around at my possessions and wondering "why have I got so much stuff?"

If you've seen my room perhaps you can see this vision. 

It causes distress. My bedroom should be a place where I rest my head, release all of my worries and have a peaceful sleep. Most nights I get up being careful not to step on an empty water bottle or trip on the hairdryer cable that sticks out from under my bed if not put away properly. I am wondering how I got to be so messy!

I have stuff everywhere! 

I have decorative pillows on my bed, along with teddy bears. I have clean laundry that I haven't bothered to put away. I have so many coats on show in my room I am beginning to think I have an obsession.

My bedroom is cluttered, my mind is cluttered and I NEED TO START GETTING ON WITH THIS TEFL COURSE ELSE I'LL RUN OUT OF TIME!!!!! 

I feel like with the dark mornings and dark evenings, anytime that I am at home I just want to be in bed. When it is daylight I can work. Right now when it is daylight I am at work. Therefore, when I come home I just eat and sleep (and write this blog and possibly allow myself to become distracted by other things).

I am finding winter hard. I just want to see the sun again. I want to go to the beach. I want to swim in the sea. I want to wake up in the light and go to bed in the light. 

Tomorrow night, I will make more of an effort to clear my room of the things that are not essential.

*takes a deep breath*

Oh and I am also frustrated because my mobile phone charger seems to drain the battery instead of powering it up! Actually, I think that sums me up. My bedroom drains me instead of powering me! Definitely time for a winter clean.

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment