Translate

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Tasty Tuesday

It's Tasty Tuesday!

Today I started my 9 day break off work and it felt good. I have been needing a long period off work to get my mental focus back on my goals for next year. Instead of getting up at 5.30am I got up at 6.15am and did my mile. I treated most of the morning as a work day and studied TEFL for a few hours. I went to the shop at 3pm and it was surprisingly empty. I was served at an empty checkout! All in all, today has been a great day.

I feasted on a baby watermelon (I should have took a picture as it was so cute) and sharon fruit for breakfast. Then I ate satsumas for a snack and I had banana and coconut sugar smoothie for lunch. I ate cherimoya for dinner followed by an ill wrapped nori roll with parsnips, spring onion, purple carrot and mushroom. That was then followed by spiralised cucumber, peppers, mushroom and Jen's tomato sauce. Yummy.

Here are my food stats (although I did not measure the veg, I got over 2500 on fruit alone so I am happy with these numbers)


I think it is safe to say that if I continue eating like this I will achieve the majority of vitamins and minerals that my body needs. I definitely recommend signing up at cronometer and checking your intake daily. Especially if you're still eating a standard diet. It will put into perspective your dietary needs.

Christmas day is tomorrow and I am so happy to be celebrating my first vegan Christmas and it will be raw vegan style :D

I plan to make Persimmon Pudding from Anji B at Happy Healthy Vegan (I'm treating it more like a soup! I also don't have vanilla and I won't be making the cashew nut frosting) and I may add cubes of mango to give it a chunky effect


For dessert I think I will make a banana, date and cinnamon cake, Freelee style (without the apple, although I will decide tomorrow) 


If I can give you one piece of advice it is this, DO NOT allow yourself to over indulge because "it is Christmas", STOP yourself from eating high fat, stodgy, alcoholic foods and drinks if you are aiming for a healthy life. The "diet" does not start next week, it starts from your next bite. You are what you eat and you wear what you eat for years, so bear that in mind next time you look in the mirror and "wish" you looked different.

What would your 1 year from now self say to you today? Don't get caught up in the tinsel and flashing lights. 

Enjoy Christmas, I will be posting tomorrow so I hope you come by and see what I ate and what I am wishing for!

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment