Translate

Sunday 29 December 2013

Soulful Sunday

Welcome to Soulful Sunday.

I write this listening to Nelly Furtado. Her music is a comfort to me.

So today I shall be revealing my aims for 2014, I was compiling a list earlier this afternoon at lunchtime. I will probably add more to this list over time, but right now these are the most important.

1. Be fully raw - I am sure I will face many challenges with this one, but I have had almost a year to build up to it and I am now ready to fully accept the challenge. Perhaps the hardest times will be when travelling so I need to work on a back up plan for that. EU countries I can travel with fruit but long haul I may have problems.

2. Attend the Thai Fruit Festival in July - accommodation is booked, I just need to get a plane ticket and work out my plan.

3. Complete TEFL - my deadline is May. I currently have 152 days left to complete it. I did not realise how hard it was going to be. So not only is there a lot to read, there are tests at the end of the unit, which I have been passing with flying colours, but the projects are tough!

4. Save - well I have been doing well, but I could be doing better. I have got my spending down to just food, petrol and living expenses. I am going to budget my food and buy more frugally. 

5. Attend the gym 3 times a week and run every morning before work - I have the running down (unless it is severe weather) now I have to stick to the gym. I will make sure I've packed my bag ready to go in my car so I can go straight from work.

6. Be more sociable - seeing as Sunday will be my only free-time if I stick to my schedule (I could swap Sat and Sun occasionally) then I want to see people once a week, which is more than I have been seeing people recently! If you are reading this and want to hang out, let me know...you know my schedule if you read this.

7. Keep reading - reading (the right books) can be more pleasurable than anything else. Charlaine Harris has caused a new addiction for vampires in me (Stephanie Meyer started the flame, but Charlaine got it roaring) but I have a whole library full of books that have not been touched yet. My mission is to read them before I go travelling in June. I suppose it is doable if I give up TV.

8. Make YouTube videos - I should do more YouTube videos. When I go away a blog post a day may not be possible...

That's my list so far, well I have a couple more points to add, I told my colleague I need to be more ladylike (I will try to conceal my burps, stop swearing and control my thoughts!) but I feel like if I put too much emphasis on them I will end up trying too hard and failing!

Do you have a list of aims or resolutions?

See you tomorrow.

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment