Translate

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Wishful Wednesday

Welcome to Wishful Wednesday!

I always find myself wishing away over the week, but come Wednesday I have forgotten what it is I wished for!

I guess most vegans (if not all) can relate to this one.

I wish that my family (one person in particular) would accept me for being vegan and not constantly question my decision/choice to embrace this lifestyle and find negative examples to try to convince me that what I am doing is "wrong".

I started taking B12 shots over the last week due to my levels being low according to NHS standards. This is the only supplement I feel that I should put in my body. Vegans, vegetarians AND meat eaters can be deficient in this vitamin. My dad is one of them, being a meat eater who believes the only way to increase your levels is to eat animal products (because the "experts" have fed this bullshit to us for years). I am beginning to believe my problem is not dietary but in fact hereditary. Apparently my nan suffered and my dad does too, so it makes sense. 

My dad thinks that I have this problem due to being vegan, but in fact it only occurred to me last night that when I was 19 I tried to donate blood but my iron levels were too low. I never got it checked out, so perhaps I have always had a problem. I only decided to check it out due to the change in my lifestyle. Turning vegan has possibly made me aware of issues I've always had.

So anyway, I just want my family to support my choices.

Have you got similar wishes? Let me know.

Much love

Jennifer x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to show this video to your dad, by vegan medical doctor, Dr.Greger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA3XjalOkXM Safest source of B12
    NutritionFacts.org NutritionFacts.org·
    Love :)

    ReplyDelete