Translate

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wishful Wednesday

Today is Wishful Wednesday!

I hope you have all had a fantastic week and are doing things you enjoy every day. Tonight I am starting an acting course. I used to be such a shy child and I remember I used to cry if I didn't feel comfortable so as an adult I am doing things that I always dreamed of having the confidence to do when I was younger.

So I feel good that I am fulfilling my childhood wishes, which means that what I wish for now will come true in a few years if not sooner (obviously my choices decide this)!

Today I am wishing for ultimate cardiovascular fitness.

Running in my vibrams!

Climbed in the park
I remember in primary school I wanted to join the cross country team, so I went out with them to try it. This was the worst experience I had had exercising because I couldn't keep up as I struggled to breathe. As a 9/10 year old I never thought there was anything wrong with me, I just thought I was pathetic so I stopped pursuing the dream of joining the team and that was the end of running for me.

Go forward 6-7 years and I'm being diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. Explains my inability to breathe when I run! I used an inhaler from then on whenever I exercised. It helped me build up my ability to run when I was 22 and I was doing 5-7km runs a couple of times a week.

Now jump ahead another 5 years and here I am, 27 years old. I do not use an inhaler anymore and I am gradually building up my strength and ability to run again.

With regular training and a clean diet, I wish to get back to doing 5-7km runs and I wish that I can do it with great ease. This wish is going to come true but I will need patience.

What are you wishing for today? 

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment