Translate

Monday 21 October 2013

Make it Monday

Mmmm...it's Make it Monday and I've made fat free (except what is in the chickpeas) hummus!

It tastes better because I made it too!

Surround it with your favourite vegetables to dip into

Here's what I used:

A can of organic chickpeas in water
1 clove of garlic
Half a lemon, juiced
A small red onion, chopped
Water - I used the remains of the chickpea broth
Cumin - I used a little, add as much as you like

Here's what I did:

Boil chickpeas as per instructions on the tin (or make your own).
Fry onion and garlic in water, yes water. No need for oil in this recipe!
Squeeze lemon.
Add everything listed above into the blender and blend away until it is the consistency you desire! 

I am eating it hot, but you could let it stand for a while and then refrigerate it. It tastes soooo yummy I do not know why it needs oil at all. I realise this is not raw...but it is better than getting store bought hummus so I will not punish myself for eating cooked food.

Enjoy it!

Much love

Jennifer x


1 comment: