Translate

Thursday 5 February 2015

Mental health

Sometimes I think I'm crazy because I don't conform. Sometimes I think I'm the only normal person. Sometimes I think my life is a dream. 

One thing I've learned over the last year is that happiness is the second most important aspect of your inner being (first being unconditional love for yourself). It's important to realise happiness is something that just is, it doesn't exist from material possessions, sure you can buy happiness but it has an expiration. True happiness just is.

And this is where mental health comes into play. If we are stressed and depressed we will always seek happiness from without. It's very rare that people look within for the answers. People may visit a doctor who prescribes medications, but in reality we should retreat, meditate, concentrate on what our intuition tells us. 

I've been depressed because of weather, lack of friends, general self hatred but the last thing I did was focus on my inner knowledge. To be honest I never even contemplated that the answers are within us. The person who knows us best is not our mum or partner, it is us! We know ourselves the best. 

Therefore, if you ever feel like you're going crazy, you're sad, depressed, stressed, feeling worthless, etc take some time out for yourself, create a meditation space or go to a meditation centre, learn how to breathe properly and be mindful (aware). I think this is so important nowadays. 

One last thing, you're never alone. I'm here to help :) love yourself and find your inner happiness. *kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment