Translate

Saturday 14 February 2015

Borneo Blog :: stay in bed!

I so want to go to the tamu today, but yesterday I started feeling ill like I've done too much in a short space of time. When you consider that my normal level of activity is to cycle to the market and back and perhaps walk around locally, then this week I've definitely done too much and shocked my system once again. 

My throat is sore and feels like it is producing phlegm, my head has a slight banging and now my right foot feels strained, the arch is painful when I walk. If that's not a sign for "stay in bed" then I don't know what is. 

However, my stubbornness and need for ripe fruit may just keep me from relaxing all day. Plus my love for a tamu. I'm in one of those predicaments. The only ripen fruit I have is durian... The bananas need at least 1 more day as well as the rollinia. I have a small bag of mangosteen that I'm keeping for eating after durian. 

I have a feeling the durian may have contributed to my illness too, so I keep thinking that I probably shouldn't be eating it. I would Google all of these things if the Internet wasn't switched off... That's the only downside to staying here. The Internet is turned off at night and then turned back on whenever someone remembers in the morning. Well I tend to get up really early and this is normally when I do my Internet things, like uploading photos, replying to YouTube comments (I've been slow this week) and doing some research before I head out (weather, maps, etc). 

I suppose the only plus side to this is that I've been reading more. I usually find distractions on the Internet so I don't read these hundreds of eBooks stored on my tablet. The astrology book is by far the most fascinating read I've had in a long time. I am finding out who I am according to the stars and it's scarily accurate. I am becoming more aware of my personality based on astrology and I am becoming more aware of other people. 

I hope that this enables me to grow even further and use this knowledge for good, trying to develop areas where I'm lacking, or perhaps classed as my weakness and then building upon my strengths. 

I love to learn and learning about myself is possibly the best thing I could do right now. 

PS I went to the tamu, felt a bit weak but I bought lots of greens and I've just eaten some. I think perhaps I'm missing many minerals so over the next few days I'll load up on greens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment