Translate

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Borneo Blog :: KK

Where all the magic happens... 

I always lack confidence about my decision to move on to another place and I definitely felt that returning from Ranau to Kota Kinabalu. But as soon as I got on my bike and cycled down familiar roads I was happy. To feel the hot sun on my bare legs and the sea breeze brush past my face was incredible and it made me realise that I actually missed it. 

With no accommodation booked I didn't let that stop me stopping next to the sea and enjoying a tasty tarap from Ranau. It was an amazing meal sat by the rocks hearing the waves crash and seeing the ships in the distance. I love KK. It's a city, yet there's nature all around. 

My favourite things about KK are the modern amenities of a city (mall, cinema, etc) and the close proximity of the sea, beach, parks. It's a great place to be and I'd say it caters to everyone. Especially if you love karaoke hahaha 

I also like that I can speak as much English as I want and be understood. I'm terribly lazy learning languages but due to the heavy influences of the English here from the wars it's a great place to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment