Translate

Sunday 8 February 2015

Borneo Blog :: new friend!

Today I finally met another durian lover. The girl at the market told me there was a German girl staying in Ranau and said she goes to the market everyday to eat durian. 

I've been here for 1 week and I finally met her! I hadn't planned on visiting the market today, but then I was looking at durian photos and decided to go and get some for my afternoon meal. 

I ended up eating 1 normal durian, 1 wild durian and 1 packet made up of 2 or 3 durian... I was stuffed! 

As I sat at the market observing the men load their trucks full of durian and langsat I was greeted by Nelli. She looks very similar to my friend Ines who is (let me get this right) German, but of Italian decent who lives in France. Please correct me if I'm wrong Ines! 

We have both been told about each other by the same girl at the market and it was nice to finally meet this other durian lover! I had always imagined she would be a raw foodie and I was right! Ask the universe and ye shall receive! 

We had a good discussion about our travels (Nelli has had an impressive trip, working in orchards for free accommodation and durian!) and about raw foods. I'm so glad to have met her and I hope that we can go to Kundasang together tomorrow to share our love of rollinia. 

Unfortunately just like Beverley, I've met her when she's close to leaving. It's funny how the universe works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment