Translate

Thursday 19 February 2015

Borneo Blog :: Chinese New Year

Happy New Year everyone. This is my first experience of the Chinese New Year and I've been home all day! Say what? 

Well I returned to KK for this day but I ended up being too impatient to wait to do a food experiment, which required me to be home and next to a toilet... 

Luckily my friend Des came earlier to see me, which was nice. He gave me an ang pow. It's a red packet filled with money that traditionally is given to children and unmarried adults to wish them luck and prosperity and also to show gratitude. I thought it was a card at first but was really surprised to see money inside! Thank you Des for your ever increasing generosity. I've been away with the clouds so I never even thought to get a gift :/

I am speechless at the generosity I have encountered lately, from staying in Ranau and being taken to 2 orchards plus getting free fruit to being taken on motorcycle tours. The people of Sabah are really kind and amazing. 

I can definitely learn a lot from the people here. I'm so humbled to know that kindness is given away freely and doesn't have to be earned in anyway. I can tell when people genuinely want to help and make sure you have the best time. 

Thank you to Des and thank you Sherry and family. You've made my stay here welcoming and I feel so blessed to have been in your presence. 

May you have a wonderful year filled with good luck, peace and joy. I hope it's not too long before we meet again. 

Love Jennifer xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment