Translate

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!

I was craving pizza this weekend, thinking that I would need a dehydrator to make it truly satisfying I felt like I would probably never have it. Having watched numerous raw food videos that do not require a dehydrator I knew I could do it, after all I am Miss throw-it-together-and-make-something-amazing ;)

So here is my raw vegan pizza recipe. No photos of the process but it's pretty easy (it is me who made it, I do not make complicated things!)

First one - was delicious!

Ingredients and steps

Pizza base

Slice down the middle of a courgette, then use a mandolin to create thin slices. You will probably have to double or triple layer them if the layers are very thin. The other way is to very carefully slice the courgette with a knife, but the mandolin and using 2 or 3 layers is best...


Tomato sauce

  • 2-4 spring onions
  • Celery - I used about 1/4 of a stem just because I am not overly fond of it
  • 6-8 tomatoes
  • Basil
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend away!
Strain excess juice with a sieve.

"Cheese" - it does not taste like cheese, but it is creamy and better than cheese
  • Half or even less avocado
  • Some courgette
  • Splash of water
Place ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Add more water to make it more runny if necessary.

Toppings
  • Whatever you want!
I used mushrooms, okra, cherry tomatoes and cress. 

To put it all together, start with the tomato sauce, then your toppings and finally add the "cheese". Hold with both hands and get it in your mouth ASAP else it will fall back onto your plate :)

I made 5 pizzas with a courgette base and 1 with a raw crackit - the courgette bases were the best!
Enjoy making these, you'll be making them again I am sure because they were delicious!

Much love

Jennifer x



3 comments:

  1. The courgettes look most ideal as well because they're whole foods. The crackits look good too. I may see if I can find them without spirulina and kelp, as these aren't most ideal according to nutritionfactsorg. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I also think the crackits are bad because they contain salt too...I know I shouldn't really eat them, but it's my compromise. However, in 80/10/10 Doug says if you had to choose high fat raw or low fat cooked the ideal is the low fat cooked, although he did say skip the meal if possible :P so that's a whole lot of confusion on my page! :)

      Delete