Translate

Thursday 14 November 2013

Think Thursday

Welcome to Think Thursday.

I'm posting from my phone as tonight I am attending the raw food workshop at On the Corner in Chorlton, Manchester.

Today I want everyone to think about conforming.

Should we conform? Who sets the standards? What are the standards? What happens to non-conformists?

I loved school, I loved learning, I loved being with my friends. Now I am an adult and life is not as easy and carefree I've opened my mind, especially since turning vegan, finding new friends and beliefs. Nowadays I see schools as a place to brainwash the future generations to carry on the upkeep of our misguided past. Wars, the banking crisis, etc.

In my opinion, children are not challenged enough to be different. Many people learn from their parents and often that is to make a family, work hard, own a house, etc. People are born, grow up and die in the same town. Fair enough if that is what you want, I will never understand!

Perhaps that is because I do not conform. Many people do not understand that. Especially family. I am different, I like to challenge myself and the boundaries set up around me.

I will seek alternative ways of living because I am me, a non-conformist!

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment