Translate

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Try it Tuesday - update

Distiller update

Today I want to post some photos of my distiller and let you know what's been happening with it.

I got it last week, cleaned it out and set it on a cycle. The instructions said the first 2 litres should not be drank, so I didn't drink it. The second batch should have been OK, but it had a weird musty taste. I used that to wash my fruit and veg with. The third batch also tasted musty, so again I didn't drink it.

I was losing hope and thought that it might be because I bought the plastic container and not the glass container. Thankfully Steven was able to help me. It turns out that I should have soaked the carbon filters overnight and instead of using one I should use two. I think it had about 4 or 5 cycles before the water started to taste normal.

During these cycles the scum on the bottom was just disgusting. I cannot believe that we drink it unknowingly and willingly!

Here are some of the pics




How disgusting are these!

I am doing an experiment tonight. I had been drinking the filtered water at my work so I want to distill it and see how it compares with water straight from the tap (the photos above are with tap water from Merseyside, you can definitely taste chemicals in it normally).

Tempted to buy a distiller now? I got mine from here with cashback from Quidco.

Currently nothing to report health wise. I have only been drinking it for the last 2-3 days.

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment