Translate

Monday 17 February 2014

Make it Monday

Make a simple salad

After breaking my resolution to be raw and binging on cooked starches for nearly 2 weeks I was very fortunate last week to spend time with a wonderful person who has helped to get me back on track and no doubt will support me trying to break my cycle. 

As I am living with two carnists who eat a lot of processed foods it's really easy for me to get my hands on something bad (like bread) so I am going to keep my food simple and spend as little time in the kitchen as possible!

That leads me to this simple salad.


Prepared by Steven this salad is so simple (well perhaps not the sauce, but the sauce was really a bonus).

1 head of iceberg lettuce

1 head of celery
1 cucumber
5-10 tomatoes - I guess it depends how much you like tomatoes
Half a lemon squeezed

Shred all ingredients using a mandolin and top with lemon juice. It was so tasty.

I am going to be keeping my salads really simple from now on. I will add peppers and mushrooms as and when I please and I've been told to limit my use of spring onion and herbs, so they will be on my plate every now and then.

I just want to say how great it feels to have someone make some food for me :) 

I hope you're all keeping it healthy.


Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment