Translate

Saturday 22 February 2014

Shoptastic Saturday

What I bought this week and how much it cost

Today I got up at 5.30am to go to the market in Liverpool. I don't mind getting up early on Saturday, my body clock has adjusted to this time with work, I get up around 5.30-5.45am. In fact, I love shopping for my food so much that I actually cannot wait for two weeks to pass (I go fortnightly).

My purchases today were:

Fruit
Bananas - 2 x 17kg £7.50 each = £15
Satsumas - 66 fruit £7
Sharon fruit - 28 fruit £2

Veg
Plum tomatoes - 5kg £5 (there are cheaper ones, but I am happy to spend money on what I think will last and what I fancy at that moment!)
Cucumber - 12 small £4
Red peppers - 5kg £4
Celery - 14 stalks £5.40
Spinach - not sure! £4

Total spend = £46.40

Top to bottom: celery, red pepper, plum tomatoes, bananas, spinach, sharon fruit and satsumas
My phone needs a clean!
The spinach was delivered to the shop by mistake, so today is the only time I've ever seen it and probably ever will. So I will probably visit the Manchester market for that and some exotic fruit. I went last Friday, but forgot my camera so I didn't make a video, however it is on my to do list. You can find the market in Manchester here. It is bigger than Liverpool and sells more exotic fruits and veg because of the greater Asian population. 

Have a great weekend everyone! If you have any questions leave a comment below :)

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment