Translate

Sunday 4 January 2015

Bali Blog :: Sunday dance

It's my last Sunday in Bali, so I just couldn't miss the Sunday dance session at the Yoga Barn. This is THE place to be if you want to dance like a t**t and not give a f**k what anybody thinks. As much as I like a good party, I can't help but be so insecure about dancing in the daylight... It means people can see what I'm doing! 

I still cannot help but find the atmosphere and certain people pretentious. I don't know whether it's because it attracts Western people happy to spend a lot of money there, the lack of love for newbies or perhaps I just have a problem! Let me explain the lack of love for newbies comment. There's definitely cliques and circles of friends, whether that's from people living in Ubud or people coming here together. I see lots of hugging, smiling, laughing, but I never got any of that directed at me. One love for all? Where are my hugs?! 

So anyway. I did a Rainbow cleanse, developed by Chris Kendell aka The Raw Advantage and his girlfriend Miss Naturally Astley. I didn't complete it though. Basically it's a combination of raw food and yoga. I only really participated in the raw food bit (I did do some reading on the chakras, meditation and yoga poses though). You start with red, I chose watermelon, and you eat that one fruit all day from start to finish. You move onto orange on the second day, I had mangoes. Yellow, green, blue, indigo and white/brown are the following colours. 

I felt awesome on watermelon and mangoes, but yesterday I had bananas and it didn't go to well. I had to ask for a blender, which thankfully the homestay owners had and I made a few smoothies. I think the problem was the quality of bananas. I also craved greens, so I ended up in Alchemy having a salad, miso soup and coconut water. 

I don't feel ready to leave Bali, but there have been a few times over the last 2 weeks where I felt fed up and wanted to go! It's funny how things work. 

I hope you had a wonderful start to the year. 

Love Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment