Translate

Saturday 24 January 2015

Borneo Blog :: morning thoughts and watermelons

I believe that your thoughts become your reality and the fact that I've given a bit too much thought to my recent loneliness has consequented in more loneliness! 

This morning I woke up and actually had thoughts of going to my neighbours bed to snuggle up to him just because I was missing the warmth of another person. I don't actually know his origin but my guesses are either Chinese or Japanese. We haven't really said more than hello to each other and so this thought of snuggling up to a stranger surprised me. I think I just liked the fantasy aspect of it in a non sexual way. 

In case you don't know I'm staying in a mixed dorm room. I will be here until 1st February and then I'm planning a few days in Ranau (durian central). So far I've been OK sharing dorms because despite my early bed time of 9pm I generally don't get woken up unless someone starts snoring really loudly (and they have the past 2 nights). I also find that I fall asleep more easily when I cuddle the extra pillow! 

Since 1 or 2 years ago I've been interested in investing in a body pillow, this allows you to sleep comfortably and is better than snuggling with a real person (heat for 1, bones for 2 and sweat for 3!). However, sometimes the cost can be extortionate so what I used to do at home was to use the extra pillows that were lying around the house (my dad has an obsession with buying lots of multiple products so there's always at least 5 of some item) and place them in a line on the bed under the covers. I found that my knees were more comfortable as well as my breasts! 

Moving on, I've been having a watermelon and coconut day today. In total I've had 2 coconuts, 2 red watermelon (4.5kg gross) and 2 yellow watermelon (5kg gross). I imagine I ate between 1500-2000 calories but the last watermelon didn't hit my stomach well and I've been experiencing paid for the last 10 minutes. I generally feel OK but I've experienced light headedness, swollen legs and a spaced out feeling today. 

I have walked about 5km in total and rested for the majority of the day. I think an early night is called for.

I've been looking into Gabriel Cousens this evening and whether his higher fat diet really does increase the connection to spirituality. I love fruit and how it feels in my system but I've read and been told that our brains need fat. Plus I've been thinking about Bali a lot today too with the gourmet raw and I'm wondering if I should go and try to live on it for a few weeks to see what differences I feel. There's just too much information out there I just don't know what to think anymore! 

And on that note I'm leaving this post here. My head is all over the place and I just need to rest. 

Much love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment