Translate

Friday 23 January 2015

Borneo Blog :: I'm a loner with an uncontrollable durian addiction

Today I didn't have a coconut, I just went straight for the watermelon for breakfast after drinking 1 litre of filtered water. (This is one of the reasons I'm staying at this hostel, because I don't have to buy plastic bottles filled with water! It also makes washing fruit and veg so much cheaper!) After having an incredibly sweet and juicy watermelon yesterday I realised today that the watermelons I have been getting have been mediocre. The one I ate for breakfast had a powdery texture and it wasn't very sweet. I was quite disappointed so the one I bought for tomorrow is a lot smaller and I'm hoping this will be good. 

I've had a very poor day in terms of food combining and tomorrow I expect issues... For example, I ate that watermelon and felt hungry within 1 hour (it was 3.5kg in total so should have been 1000 cals). So I ate a bag of ciku's and one had maggots in it so I was super conscious about eating the rest. One was still under ripe and it stuck to the roof of my mouth, which was most unpleasant. I brushed my mouth with the toothbrush and it stuck to my toothbrush! It's a good job I already bought a spare brush. 

So I cycled to Dongonggon again for the tamu and had a coconut. It wasn't exactly sweet, it was sort of salty and savoury but I drank it and ate the flesh (hard and fatty mmm). Then I walked around the market, bought a tarap for 2 ringgit and ate it for lunch (sooooo good) and that was shortly followed by an incredible durian! Oh my it was the best durian I've had here, it was so yellow almost orange and it tasted like a creamy fruit cocktail mix! Just before I left I bought a different durian and a package of jackfruit. The jackfruit was definitely not ripe... 
Mmm tarap

The super fruity durian



When I got back to my hostel I ended up eating the durian, but then I wanted something crunchy so I snacked on organic sunflower seeds! Urgh what is going on with me and fat recently? 

I went to the market to get a coconut and watermelon for tomorrow and I ended up buying pineapple. It was the sweetest I've had possibly ever, but I ended up putting it in my salad and it burnt my tongue and spoilt my salad. My salad was little gem lettuce, cucumber, carrot and jicama noodles with tomatoes and celery. Bad combination in hindsight! I suppose what makes it even worse is that I smacked on more sunflower seeds. I think I'm trying to "emotional" eat but I'm not emotional. Strange. 


Here's that salad! 

So my poops haven't been as regular today and that's why I say tomorrow I'll have problems. I imagine pain, so I'm already prepared to do a watermelon and coconut water cleanse. I will try avoid eating the coconut flesh, but it will be hard! 

I must tell you about my dream. I dreamt that my mum won the lottery so I Googled it and it suggests that means I'll get more friends/social interactions. Strange but true. I saw a lady I met last week at the tamu and she gave me her number to meet up, then I've had numerous guys talking to me and one asked me out last night (I declined). I'm having a hard time keeping in touch with my current friends so I don't know how I'd be able to have more lol apologies if you're waiting for me to reply to an email or Skype with you! I know I have all the time in the world especially not having a job but this has always been my weakness. Oh and the loner part of my title relates to how I feel when I meet people, if they're not fruity they have a hard time understanding me so I still feel very much alone! 

Well I have reached the conclusion that I have a durian addiction because of what I ate today, yesterday and then on previous days. It's like as soon as I say I'm not going to eat it I automatically go into binge mode. I think this highlights some underlying issues I still need to address regarding food and my mentality towards it. 

Whilst I sit and ponder this I hope you enjoy the rest of your day :) 

On a side note but semi related, I keep thinking about my ex boyfriends and I wonder if they watch my YouTube videos, read my blog, see my Instagram, etc. I think there's underlying issues in this area too. I think part of me needs to go through a process of closure once and for all. I've been a terrible girlfriend in the past and I just need to take the time to process it, forgive myself and move on. And if you are one of my ex boyfriends then know that I am working through my issues and I know I have been unreasonable to you (all of you!) and I do think about some of the good times we had :) life is strange. 


Silly picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment