Translate

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Bali Blog :: Taksu Spa

I am sat in the restaurant of Taksu Spa and the views are just incredible! The trees are so tall they cover the sky, they're all so green I feel like I'm in a jungle and there's running water both inside (a stone wall waterfall) and outside (the river). I am so relaxed here and it feels so right. 

I just had the raw lasagne and wow it was both a masterpiece and an incredibly tasty dish. I actually took the time to savour this dish, chewing slowly, closing my eyes and just tasting all of the flavours. My mouth is covered in the remains and I do not want to wash it down with anything. I really wanted to grab the plate and lick it, but Taksu is slightly more up market so I just used my finger to get the remaining sauce instead! 

I can see avocados on a tree that must be over 30 feet tall. I don't know how they harvest them, but I assume in a storm you'd want to be wearing a helmet to avoid being smashed in the head with one! Just looking at the tree is causing me to smile uncontrollably and then I almost had a laughing fit. This place just brings out that inner joy within me. I am so glad I came here tonight. My instinct was right :) 

I actually ordered a second meal, zucchini pasta with marinara sauce and this tastes just as incredible. The flavours are strong and I can tell there's olives in the dressing (something I'm not a fan of, but in this sauce it is OK). I am trying to go slow but Italian food has always been my favourite so I usually inhale it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment