Translate

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Borneo Blog :: meditation

Today started off well, I went on the bike to collect more sprouted coconuts, drank a coconut at the coconut stall and then combined the meat with papaya, which was super sweet and then I had the sprout around 10:30am.

I took my bike to the bike shop for a service, but it's not going to be ready till Thursday. After that I went to the cinema. I figured it was too hot and sunny to be out at midday so I just went. I ended up watching The Boy Next Door with Jennifer Lopez. She's the only reason I saw it and I reckon this is her worst film. It was such a bad storyline and the ending was so ridiculous. I didn't review Into the Woods (from what I can remember) well that film was better, but I thought they should have let the film end after 1 hour or so. Happily ever after suited me lol

Well let's get back to my day. Prior to this I was at the hostel and I received an email from Ronnie aka Fruity Ronster. He's also a fruit eater/801010er and I subscribed to his newsletter so I often relieve very long emails from him (this reminds me I need to set up a website and get a newsletter going to personally spam you hehe). I always enjoy reading what Ronnie has to say and I always relate. This time was spooky. He had written about forgiveness, how he had forgiven himself for how he handled a relationship and I have been thinking about my previous relationships recently and how I need to forgive myself, synchronicity. His email definitely helped. 

Once I finished reading I sent a reply and then I looked on YouTube for a meditation video. There's so many, but I decided 30 minutes was the right time for me. I was crying within minutes. It was such a powerful guided meditation and exactly what I needed. 

Check it out here. 



I have lost track recently, forgotten what's important and what I want to do on my journey. La Palma was just perfect, I meditated daily, gave myself so much love, I appreciated every day, said my prayers every day and I had the best time. But it's amazing how 2 months can change everything. I need to get back on track and I think this email from Ronnie was the sign telling me to do so. I aim to get back to daily meditations, prayers and gratitude and work on my spiritual growth. 

Often I get distracted or become side tracked, sometimes I recognise immediately but most of the time it takes a while to notice. It's important that I forgive myself for this. Forgiving is hard but empowering. I have to learn in order to grow. 

I recommend that you start meditating, whether it's 5 minutes or 1 hour. It's important to learn how to do this. Personally I prefer to lie down flat on the bed, close my eyes, put my headphones in and ether listen to a guided meditation or a meditation for the chakras. Sometimes I like to do it before I eat, sometimes after. Find the time that suits you and be consistent. It gets easier with practice. 

Let me know if you need any suggestions regarding meditation. 

Peace and love 💟

No comments:

Post a Comment