Translate

Thursday 29 January 2015

Borneo Blog :: bicycle, proposition, chill

This morning I didn't get up until after 10am! This is the latest I've been up in a long time because I didn't get to bed until after 11pm last night after my fabulous adventure.

After being put to shame last night by a 70 year old lady who does 100 push ups, pull ups, inverted head stretches and shooting some hoops every day, I felt it necessary to go for a jog to the coconut stand (and because my bike was still getting serviced). It's no more than 3km (and that's being generous) so it was no where near the intensity of that older lady! But we must start somewhere. I do admit I am lazy and if I want to be athletic looking I need to put some effort in. 

Sport has always been my weakness. I just like to sit around all day. 

So this afternoon I picked up my bicycle from the shop. I only had 111 ringgit with me, not thinking I'd need anymore than that, it's Asia and bike stuff is normally cheap. Well it cost 113 to have my bike serviced with parts replaced, but thankfully he let me off by 3 ringgit. It's shiny again so I put a sticker on it. I'm pretty sure it's a transformers sticker, now Barney is a transformer :) 

I have pretty much chilled all day and most of my time has been spent eating. From the coconut to yellow watermelon to champedak to bananas to salad to coconut meat and finally butterfruit. Seriously as soon as I finished breakfast around 12 I started eating lunch! I am shocked by how late I got up, it's so unlike me. I went to the cinema and checked the times too. I want to watch The Wedding Ringer tomorrow. It starts at 11:50 am, a good time to be indoors. 

The highlight of my day has been a proposition I received from a man who was staying in this hostel (if you follow my Instagram he's the one who asked if I am pregnant lol). He's asked me to come to China and live in his house for free and in return teach his 2 children English for a few hours. Such an amazing offer. Right now it's cold there so I won't be going any time soon. I'm going to think about it though but it does depend on my budget. I need a visa so that has to be factored in as well as flight costs. 

Things are looking positive for my future though :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment