Translate

Thursday 2 January 2014

Think Thursday

Welcome to Think Thursday!

Last year I decided to go vegan, first I went vegetarian in January and then towards the end of February I stopped eating dairy (although my official vegan anniversary date is 19th May). I went vegan with the intention of being a raw vegan, so I was high raw for days and then I'd give in to my cooked food cravings, or I'd see some vegan food I'd never tried before and ate that. I always felt like I let myself down. 

I did two fully raw 30 day challenges and kept disappointing myself by eating cooked foods. The weird part is this, I had been telling myself for the last few months that I would be fully raw from January 1st and so far I have not craved cooked food (that normally happens on the first day because I am "denying" myself of something). 

I think the fact that I had thought about it for a few months and made it my resolution, my body has just accepted it so far. As long as I stay prepared then I can only win in this situation.

So my thoughts are that as long as you think about something, set a date and make sure you are prepared for the commitment and your plan is easy to implement and maintain, then your body and mind can just make that switch over night.

I know it is only the 2nd of January and tough times may lie ahead (this is my 3rd raw day), but I am feeling really confident now about this. In fact I am super excited about the journey that I will have this year by eating fully raw.

Have you ever experienced anything like this before?

Much love

Jennifer x


No comments:

Post a Comment