Translate

Sunday 1 March 2015

Thailand Blog :: Rasayana

Ahh I'm sat on my top bunk bed (seriously I believe that I am too old for this at 28 I'm scared of falling and seriously damaging something on the hard tiled floor...plus if you saw my status about breaking things you'll know why I'd rather play it safe and sleep on the bottom bunk) and I am happy that I've had 2 trips to Rasayana today. 

If you've known or followed me for a while you may already know that I love Rasayana raw food restaurant in Bangkok. They prepare the best raw foods with a Thai touch that no one could replicate. I spent a lot of time going to various restaurants in Bali, but Rasayana stands out and wins my heart everytime. 

My favourite dish to date are the cabbage spring rolls. Filled with an almond nut paste and topped with an amazing sauce, the flavours tantalise my taste buds so much it feels like my mouth is dancing with pleasure! I had to eat this dish, there was no question about it. 

During my last few days in Sabah I went through the Rasayana menu and wrote down everything I wanted to try so I ended up getting the shitake sandwich and that was amazing! Impossible to eat with the fingers, I ended up eating most of the salad and then picking up parts of the bread when it was more manageable. Fantastic flavours and I love the sauces so much. 

I bought some apple energy bars whilst I was at the till and they didn't last long in my bag... I ate them on the walk to Terminal 21 shopping mall. They were soooooooooooooo tasty, I will be getting then again. 

Brunch : spring rolls, shitake sandwich and apple energy bars

Then when I returned just before 5pm I had the pasta compane, which was a creamy zucchini spaghetti with cashew cream sauce. This is another of my favourites, so delicious and after every meal I have wanted to lick the plate! 


I have never had dessert at Rasayana before so I wanted to try them. Considering how good some of the cakes were in Bali, I figured this place would exceed at cakes too and yes, it exceeded all expectations. My cheeks tingled, my tongue danced and my head was in a state of disbelief that this cake was made from 100% raw plant foods. Wow. (I'm not pedantic regarding cashews) 
I honestly believe I am Rasayana's number 1 fan... I love everything except the mosquitos. I would move to Thailand just to have this as my regular go to restaurant. 

You must visit one day, I highly recommend it to everyone. 

Check out my latest video, day 1 in Thailand at Rasayana :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment