Translate

Monday 2 March 2015

Meditation and purpose

This morning I went to Lumpini park and had to wait 2 hours to cycle (only allowed between 10am - 3pm), so I had a walk around and ended up sitting down for 2.5 hours and observing nature/meditating. It was the most powerful experience I had in a park. I felt connected to the animals around me.

It made me realise I need to live purposefully, unlike how I've been living over the last couple of months.

It taught me that meditation isn't necessarily closing your eyes and clearing your mind (although that's a good practice), meditation can come in various forms and personally this made me feel the most peaceful I had felt for a while. When you just observe or focus on nature, the bird sounds, fish bubbles, turtles bobbing up and down, lizards climbing trees, etc you gain a lot of respect for these other life forms. I questioned many things in these moments, mainly man's purpose and it is from this that I made the realisation that I have not been living for a purpose. 

I think it is so important for man to slow down, de-stress and appreciate life. Appreciate the body we are given. Appreciate the opportunities we have taken. Appreciate the people around us, even we you don't know them.

I have started to realise many things during my trip around my attitude to others. In the past I have been quick to judge fellow man, but we will never fully understand each other (even you're family) because we are all different, not one person is the same,  not even twins. We're all governed by the cosmic forces and I do believe in astrology, so I have changed my attitude to my fellow men and I think this was an important step in my spiritual progression. 

Sure I have bad habits and I will revert back to them now and again, I may still be too quick to judge on appearance or if I am caught off guard I may react childishly to a situation, but the fact that I have started down this path is a positive demonstration that I am ready and willing to change who I am. 

Life is about learning, progressing and changing for the greater good. I want peace, love and joy to reign on Earth so I will be the change I want to see in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment