Translate

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Wishful Wednesday - an abundance of fruit

Today I am back with another wish. 

As you may or may not know, I have just come back from a trip to Thailand. Due to unforeseen circumstances the trip wasn't as long as I anticipated. I thought I had left England for quite a long time but the universe obviously decided otherwise.

I remember that leading up to my departure I didn't actually know what I wanted to get out of the trip. I had told myself that I would "find myself" and grow, I suppose in a way I learnt a heck of a lot about myself, albeit rather unpleasant realities.

Since coming back to the UK I have had some time to process the reality of staying here, at first I couldn't even fathom the idea of staying, my mind was set on returning (given the fact that I had a return ticket!), but I have decided to let go.

Letting go is one of the hardest things I have had to do.

This is my wallpaper. I look at it everytime I use my tablet because it really is hard for me to do.
I have to trust in my higher self. I have to trust in God. 

Just a bit of background information about myself right now, I lost faith in God when my parents divorced and as a teen, young adult and until this year I didn't believe in God. I've always been a "I want proof" type of person, but so much has happened to me over the last year there has to be a higher power. Coincidences don't exist. 

Let go and let God.

So getting back to my wish. After letting go of going back to Thailand, I have slowly been able to assess what I want and how I would focus when I travel. I have decided this.

I wish to travel to the tropics in order to live an abundant life, eat the freshest and ripest fruits, go to the source and not just the markets. I want to taste different varieties of fruits, to focus my day around eating the best produce and to nourish my cells with quality.

It is from having the time to reflect on my experience that I am now able to decide what it is I want from travelling. I now have a focus.

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment