Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

Think Thursday

The last fortnight has given me a lot to think about, mainly because I came down with a fever that turned into tonsillitis, which then developed into swollen gums and an infection on my face (herpes simplex aka cold sores).

As you all know I am following a raw vegan lifestyle and I have become one of the "extremists" who has basically decided from the start no prescription/over the counter pills, no tap water, no products, nothing except fruit, veg and air.

Well after coming down with all of these things and going against the advice of every doctor I've seen I have to think about this.

Despite getting over tonsillitis without antibiotics, do I take the antibiotics that have been prescribed to me today for the swollen gums? My mouth is in so much pain that I don't want to eat anymore (and by eat I mean drink a smoothie) and every time I move my jaw I damage the skin on the inside of my mouth even more. I suppose I should mention that I started using Corsodyl mouthwash, a product containing many chemicals that are no doubt bad.

However, I am at breaking point today.

Part of me is saying "take the pills" but another part is saying "you've come this far without pills, don't cave on this one".

Part of me is wondering if I refused pills in the first place because I am stubborn and want to prove that I don't need western medicine to cure these illnesses, or was it because I believe in the raw vegan diet?

I have a lot to think about but I am just so fed up. The questions now aren't "should I take the pills", but rather "why am I doing this?". Am I trying to prove a point? Am I being stubborn? Am I being cautious? 

I think that once I determine my motive, I will be able to decide what the best action is for me and my fucking mouth.

I hope no one ever experiences this.

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment