Translate

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Tasty Tuesday - beet greens

Good day to you all, I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday. I know for some this is the worst day of the week but if you think that way it will always be that!! :-)

Today I want to rave about the greens you get at the top of beetroot. I remember when I was first introduced to the large savoy spinach leaves, they tasted so salty and so juicy I was happy too because it was a leafy green that tasted good (unlike normal lettuce, which sometimes I find bland and often bitter). However, the spinach was sprayed with pesticides and I got a slight odor from eating them so that love affair was short lived. I definitely still recommend trying them though, just not eating it every day.



The beet greens are even better than spinach because first of all it has a pink stem (yay for pink food) and secondly because it is practically free with your purchase of beetroot!!

Packed with calcium, iron, sodium and vitamin A this green is great for your salads. It adds colour and flavour so it is win win all round. Eat it whole, chop it up or blend into a soup, you have options for days!

Unfortunately I don't have anymore now, so it's back to bland lettuce for now! 

If you would like help transitioning to a raw food lifestyle I am happy to help, send me a message or comment below. 

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment