Translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

What I've been eating recently

Well you may be shocked to hear my news. I broke my raw streak and this is how it started. 

For days I had been thinking that I was ready to do a juice cleanse and then try fasting again. So I had the mentality one day that if I'm doing a juice cleanse then I can eat whatever I want. That whatever I want turned into a bag of roasted and salted groundnuts (peanuts in the shell), a carton of soy milk, a warm chocolate cookie and ice cream plus fresh bread from a vegan bakery. 




How I loved every minute of it (apart from when I felt so bloated). The vegan bakery was awesome and their menu is beautiful! The bread tasted so sweet. But the only problem with my decision was the fact that I'd not eaten grains in over 1 year and my body didn't know what hit it. 

I did the juice cleanse for 2 days using store bought pasteurised juice and when I was supposed to shit for Thailand the only thing that came out of me were some hard stools. Surprisingly they didn't smell bad. 

I made the decision to visit Rasayana with my friend and I had a looser bowel movement, but since then I have only been having hard stools again because I have been on cooked juices again for 2 days. I wanted to experiment with using cooked juices and what I noticed was that my skin has gone even softer, but the whites in my eyes have gone yellow. I wasn't sure if that was down to the poor sleep, but then I've been feeling pains below my stomach so I am thinking that the cooked juices are no good at all and my body is telling me so! 

Yesterday I craved avocado so much and salad so I went and bought them. I think my body craved real food with real nutrients because the juices were just not providing the minerals and vitamins my body is used to. 

What I've learnt from this experience is that cooked juices are not ideal for me, I'm still not ready to give up food and I just want to eat the fruit that's in season, which is mangoes! So I actually filled up my basket and bag with mangoes yesterday (8kg in total) and I shall be eating them when they ripen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment