Translate

Thursday 26 September 2013

Think Thursday

Welcome to Think Thursday!

The point of today is to think about something and hopefully learn and grow from it.

So today I want to try and link back to Make it Monday, where I provided a simple recipe for home made deodorant. I want everyone to think about what they are putting on their skin, be it deodorant, perfume, body lotion, shower gel, even soap when you wash your hands after going to the toilet! 

I've read on many raw food blogs "if you cannot eat it, why would you want to put it on your skin?" Our skin is our largest organ and yet most of us are unaware of what we are putting on it. This blog by two beautiful sisters Julia and Libby provides a lot more information about how what we put on our skin is just as important as the food we eat.

"It takes 26 seconds for chemicals to enter our blood stream from products we are placing on our skin."

Until I read this about 8 months ago, it never crossed my mind. I also never thought that eating animal products had an effect on my hormones either but that is a subject for another blog! I found it difficult to stop using products immediately but the only products I use now are Dr Bronner's Liquid Soap, bicarbonate of soda (for shampoo and in deodorant), Chandrika soap (their website appears to have been hacked so I'll link it when they're back!), coconut oil (slather it on!) and I will spray my perfumes but only on my clothes. With regards to toothpaste, well fluoride free is the best way to go, I will eventually transition to a toothpaste suitable for raw vegans.

Dr Bronner's Liquid Soaps


So, I want to to think about how much you consider what your beauty products contain. Do you just slap it on without any thought? Do you buy products that are organic? Do you buy products that have not been tested on animals? Do you ever read the labels and think "well I cannot pronounce that so it must not be very good for my skin"?

I hope you consider these things and let me know your opinions.

Join me tomorrow for Fun Friday!

Much love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment