Translate

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Food fantasies

Day 3 of the fast and I have been thinking about food all day. It seems the only time I don't think about food is when I'm asleep, so I try to sleep as often as my body allows. 

When I do sleep I get these huge energy expansions in my stomach and head and it feels almost euphoric. That's the major benefit of doing this right now. 

So I have been trying to be aware by focusing on my breathing, but that only brings my attention to my empty stomach and then I start thinking about food again. I hoped to get a lot of spiritual things from this, but I think I'm just too afraid of facing my inner self because it's a real struggle to be still. I'm constantly distracting myself. 

For instance, I've made so many lists of foods that I want to eat after fasting in Thailand and I've also made lists of foods I want to eat when I return to the UK. 

I'm also very surprised that I've not eaten the dates I've been eyeing up in my room, but the only reason I don't eat them is because they don't actually taste that good! The only other food I have here are spring onions, which of course would never be a good food to eat alone! 

I am definitely not going to fast again anytime soon. 

I am grateful for having the courage to keep going and I appreciate having the abundance of time everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment