Translate

Thursday 11 December 2014

Thursday Travel Update

Today is my 5th day back in the UK since my last trip abroad to La Palma, one of the Canary Islands. I have adjusted to the cold weather (and now I'm dreading going to the tropics because I'll just drip with sweat!) and I have got into some very bad sleeping habits. As the sun sets around 4pm and it's really dark by 5pm, the whole house is lit with artificial lighting so I am staying wide awake until 11pm! Very different from being in La Palma in my tree house, but I also have added distractions such as my PC and the TV.
I am flying to Bali on Saturday evening and I will arrive on Monday morning, 9am Bali time. I am looking forward to the heat, but I'm not actually sure if it will be sunny because I heard it's the wet season there right now! Tropical rain always feels better though, so I don't mind getting wet in it.

I need to buy travel insurance, book accommodation for at least the first night and I also heard I'm supposed to have a flight out of Indonesia... so tomorrow I have a lot to do.

I plan on taking a small backpack and my bike, plus food for my journey.

This is the bag I'm taking, not decided if I will take Monkey and Billy again... let me know if you think I should take them with me....
I have been trying to upload daily to YouTube, but I have a feeling that I won't be able to make this commitment in Bali due to my equipment, but I'm sure once I settle I will be more consistent. I will aim to do short videos too.

And on that note, I need to edit my video from yesterday!

Take care and I'll post again next week.

Love

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment