Translate

Thursday 29 May 2014

Overdue Thursday

It is about time I wrote a post about what I experienced on the juice cleanse.

So Steven and I did a 3 day colon cleanse and a 1 day kidney cleanse, followed by an apple and carrot juice fast/feast. It was fairly easy and was not a struggle at all. The first 4 days (on the colon and kidney cleanse) were the worst simply for the fact that we were house bound due to needing to use the toilet regularly. It cleans you out and literally gets rid of all of the shit!

We had some good sun over those 4 days, so we lay outside on the grass, which was so good. We found that drinking carrot juice before sun bathing really helped our skin and we had an added glow. Our sunburn healed faster and our skin looked amazing.

The main benefits that I experienced were weight loss, clearer skin and improved bowel movements. 

I started taking a probiotic and this has helped with my digestion and bowel movements, as has incorporating the juice of half a lemon mixed with 500mls of water every morning. 

In January / February I was struggling to be raw and my weight was 10st.5.0, I have been raw since 13th February and upon starting the juice cleanse I weighed 10st.1.2. At the end of the juice cleanse my weight was 9st.10.4. Since I started being 100% raw in February I have gone from 27.5% body fat to 23.4% (at the end of the juice cleanse).

I had a spot problem from October last year and being fully raw has definitely help clear it up, as has sun bathing and the use of a sun bed.

I am very happy with the results from the juice cleanse and I feel like I have had a really good clean on the inside. 

Moving forward I want to start eating juicy fruits for breakfast and leaving the heavier fruits for lunch and dinner. I want to see if eating this way will improve my overall feeling and whether it will affect my weight loss.

Tomorrow I have accepted a challenge of going barefoot. I might write about it, especially as I have to go to Tesco to do some shopping for my Bon Voyage party! I just hope I don't step on any glass or sharp objects.

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment