Translate

Thursday 20 August 2015

Working 9 to 5

Hello! 

I hope I haven't lost you dear readers. I've been preoccupied with working, adjusting to "real life" and trying to keep my YouTube channel active. 

I've had many thoughts, ideas and changes that I need to update you with. So instead of putting it all in one post I'll split it up to keep you returning ;) 

I'll start with work. 

I've been at my current place since 3rd July. It was a 4 week placement that's just continued due to the work load involved and holidays of the workers. 

Firstly, I am a finance assistant. While this enables me to pretty much always find a job, it is rather dull. Fortunately I'm allowed to listen to my own music, which I do almost daily. My preference is meditation music but recently I've been listening to chill out music (2015 dance hits slowed to a more chilled tempo) and over the last few days I've really let go with cheesy pop like Britney Spears. Of course this means I'm biting my tongue to avoid bursting out into song, but it does happen occasionally. I mainly save it for my frequent toilet trips. 

The toilet trips can be twice an hour. Mainly due to drinking so much water,  but then other times a bite of food will urge my more solid movements and I'll have to return. I often wonder if anyone notices or counts my toilet breaks. It seems the people closest to me never leave their desks! I am grateful that I no longer suffer with constipation or IBS anymore because they're worse in my opinion! 

I cycle to the train every morning and then I cycle from the train to work (I get 2 trains over to the Wirral), and reverse for home. I do this in all weathers because getting the bus just isn't viable. It's made me appreciate nature a lot more than I did, but I don't enjoy getting flies in my eyes... 

I also make sure I leave the office at lunchtime for a 30 minute walk or a trip to ASDA to pick up some food/water. Sometimes I sunbathe if it's nice enough. Although when it's raining heavy I stay at my desk and browse the Internet. 

Yesterday I actually decided to join a lot of meetup groups in Liverpool and I plan to do activities on the days where I'm not at the gym. I have been experiencing terrible compulsive eating and I need to sort it out. Being at work has highlighted the issue even more because I mainly do it out of boredom. More on this in a future post. 

I have been asked to stay on until the end of September so I will save up some money to go onto my next travelling adventure. Again more on this in a future post. 

In case I don't post again before Saturday you should come and check out Kapucia in Liverpool. They have a taster session from 11-4pm with raw food to eat. It's based in the basement of 27 Lord Street near Boodles and Debenhams. I'll probably be there at 11 so come and say hi and hang out! 

Until next time keep smiling beautiful 

Love Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment